Genre: Action, FPS
Setting: Sci-Fi / Futuristic
Published by: Art Data Interactive
Developed by: id Software
The version for 3DO causes a usual sense of interest - beginners will be much admired, but from the slowness of the action can not escape, and this spoils the game.
All in order; first of all forget the shameless advertising, although it is understandable why Art Data is persistently trying to promote the finished project with such a long delay and already skeptical project, the real situation is completely different from the advertised. The assertion that Pentium's systems are over speeding systems are very doubtful if one takes into account that this is achieved only by reducing the screen size by 50%. Likewise, talking about "permission from one image element to another" does not make sense, since the resolution of the game seems to be significantly lower than that of almost any DOOM clone for 3DO, since the release of Escape From Monster Manor.
On some screens, the reproduced image may resemble a picture of a poor-quality videotape, since the resolution of the TV and the game does not match. However, some graphic details, such as demon icons, thick walls and skeletons chained to them, are very impressive. The monsters are inferior to them by permission, this is especially evident in Killing Time or Deathkeep, but at a distance they look quite good.
The processor did not have enough power, even for a reduced screen size.
A - fire, B - use, hold C + keys of movement - speed, left shift and right shift - lateral movements.
Play - pause
Stop - option mode.
В + С + Play - map mode
B + L / R Shift - choice of weapons
The 3DO version for technical reasons was cut down in the number of levels and weapons. We have 7 types of weapons, including heavy weapons.
- Machine gun
- Rocket launcher
- Impulse Rifle
- Heavy installation with a plasma generator BFG 9000
Enemies who will confront you in 23 levels
- Zombie Soldier
- Zombie Sergeant with Shotgun
- A mutant called IMP
- Cocodemon - flying terrible head
- Lost Soul
- Baron of Hell
Hold B and press P to access the map, then enter the code:
A, Left, A, B, A, Right, A, C, A - All Weapons and Keys
Up, Right, L, Up, Right, Right, R, A, Left - Extra Screen Sizes
Up, Right, A, B, A, Down, A, L, L - God Mode
Up, Right, A, B, A, Down, A, LS(2) - Invincibility
L, R, R, Right, Up, B, B, Left, R - Item Locations on Map
L, Up, C, C, R, Down, A, Left, Left - Open All Levels
L, R, R, A, Left, Left, Up, A, C - Reveal Entire Map
LS, RS(2), A, Left(2), Up, A, C - Walls on Map
- Pay attention to the fact that the arrows are turns, and L and R are steps to the side. To pick up an object, it's enough to pass over it. Moves with the joystick can be accelerated by pressing C, unless you have overridden this button in the options. By running, you can jump from a higher surface to the lower one. Do not be afraid to break - in "Doom" it's impossible.
- Most doors open when you stand in front of them, pressing B, unless you have redefined this button with options. The same button switches the levers. To open the combination lock, you need a color electronic card. Some doors are hidden under walls of a different color, recessed, walls, next to flashing lights.
- Elevators either move continuously, or-when you enter them, or are controlled by levers.
- Barrels of radioactive waste, fuel, etc., exploding when a shot comes into them, can cause you harm. When you walk through mud of different types (often you can not go somewhere without getting soiled), your health slowly decreases. Beware of the ceilings dropping on you!
- Armor (green or blue, the latter is better) reduces the harm inflicted by the enemy. Anti-radiation suit, coloring your screen in green, protects you from radiation for half a minute. Injection in a large black box with a red cross restores health and increases the impact force of your fist. For the duration of this injection, the screen turns red. The blue cone increases your health a little, including for 100 percent. A blue ball with a face inside also increases health for 100 percent, and significantly.
- Flashing goggles will let you see in the dark. A red ball with an overflow inside will reduce the accuracy of hits at you enemies. A green ball with a physiognomy inside makes you half a minute invulnerable, coloring the screen in white.
- Soldiers in overalls are the least dangerous. Sergeants in black are armed with shotguns and more accurately shoot at you. Brown devils with spines are less vulnerable and throw balls of fire. Even more dangerous, especially near, horned and toothy pink demons. In addition, ghosts are still poorly visible. Flying skulls can burn. Do not approach the huge heads with one eye. They fly through the air and, piling up, belch out lightning in you. It is very difficult to kill horned and goat-legged creatures, which are thrown by clots of fire. The crown of disgrace is the twice-meeting demon lord, armed with deadly missiles. Final creature with a six-barreled machine gun is not difficult to destroy, if you collected the necessary weapons.
- Open the door, step back. Hide around the corner, look out the windows. Beware of being near an explosive barrel if you are being shot. If next to the barrel - monsters, undermine it yourself (from afar).