Perspective: Side view
Gameplay: Arcade, Fighting, Martial Arts
Visual: 2D scrolling
Published by: Sony Computer Entertainment of America
Developed by: Midway Manufacturing Company
For centuries the Earth was able to resist the emperor of the Outward World Shao Kan. Twice he tried to take over the Earth, trying to destroy the best fighters of the Earth in the fights of the Mortal Kombat tournament. But thanks to their intelligence, strength, dexterity and devotion to their planet, Shao Kahn's plans failed. Angered by failures, the emperor decided to implement a new plan for the seizure of the Earth, the preparation of which he began almost 10,000 years ago. At that time Shao Kahn had an empress. Her name was Sindel. The premature death of Sindel was a terrible blow to Shao Kahn. But the servants of darkness, led by sorcerer Shang Tsung, made it so that the spirit of Sindel on one "beautiful" day was to be reborn, but not in the Outer World, but on Earth itself. This unholy event enabled Shao Kahn to go through the dimensions and reunite with the resurrected empress, finally capturing the Earth.
Having opened several spatial gates at the same time, cleaning Shao Kan rushed to Earth. They destroyed everything in their path, and Shao Kahn captivated the souls of conquered people. On Earth, panic, terror and fear reigned. Slowly the planet Earth began to turn into a part of the Outer World. But there were people on the Earth whose soul could not capture Shao Kang. These souls belonged to fighters elected to represent Earth at the new Mortal Kombat tournament. They were scattered all over the planet and Shao Kahn sent an army of ferocious and merciless fighters of the Outworld to find and destroy them. Some of the fighters-earthlings managed to survive after this attack, and some do not. There are not many chances left to preserve the human race. Will you be able to make good use of these chances? Ask yourself this question!
In total there are 14 fighters in the game, 7 of which are new in comparison with the previous parts. Each hero has 4 special movements:
- Fatalities - Can only be performed in the final round of the match. It is very important to comply with the requirements for the distance between the fighters in the completion of the final blows, since the ability to perform any movement appears only with a certain position of the opponents.
- Friendships and Babalities - If you are expecting to use Friendship or Babality, do not click the "Block" button.
- Pit & Stage Fatalities - These movements are performed only on the SUBWAY, PIT III and SHAO KAHN'S TOWER levels. To fulfill them, stand in the immediate vicinity of the enemy.
- Mercy - Give the enemy a brief moment of life!
- Animality - Animality is performed after Mercy and represents the final movement with the transformation into an animal either tearing or devouring the enemy.
- Unlike Mortal Kombat II, you can not succeed here, methodically inflicting blows on your opponent's legs and thereby reducing his power reserve. Nevertheless, it is useful to inflict a kick to the opponent in a jump and after that to immediately strike a few blows on the legs.
- Take into account that the fighters, led by the computer, easily perform the most complicated tricks, which are not always possible even for experienced players. Be wary of "corner traps" and try to predict in advance when the enemy will, perform vortex combinations.
- To make your path to Kombat Kodes easier, proceed as follows. Press and hold Up on the joystick and press the normal code buttons to make a reverse turn.