Perspective: Side view
Visual: 2D scrolling
Gameplay: Platform, Puzzle elements
Interface: Direct Control
Published by: BMG Interactive Entertainment
Developed by: Crystal Dynamics, Toys for Bob Inc.
Platform: PlayStation (PSX, PS1)
The second series of games is close enough to the original, but it changed outwardly very noticeably. The action takes place in the same world, but at first glance it does not tell. The joyful sparkling graphics of the original disappeared, and the gloomy world of the psychic "species" arose. The two main characters Nikki and Fargus also changed noticeably. Fargus "aged", and Nikki significantly changed appearance.
In the Pandemonium! 2 whole 19 stages, not counting the hidden and bonus zones. Like the first part, the game is based on 2D side-scrolling graphics in combination with a stereo camera, which together create the illusion of 3D space. And quite a decent illusion.
Before each stage you have to make a choice: play for Fargus or for Nikki, as everyone has unique abilities that can help or hinder the passage of the stage. Fargus has excellent attacks in the fall (as in the original), but now he can still throw Sid'a (head on a stick) and manage it when searching for coins and treasures previously unavailable. And his jumps became noticeably better and higher. Nikki remained virtually unchanged, and her excellent double jump was preserved. Both characters have now acquired new abilities, learned to climb on ropes, walk on their hands and, what is very important, climb on ledges. Well, just like Lara Croft of Tomb Rider. This creates many interesting situations, especially when passing through difficult stages. There is where to practice your brains, because in many stages you can find out something like puzzles and riddles. For example, to open a passage to one room, you need to push the switch completely into the other. And this technique is often found in the game. So you will not only practice your fingers! The show is conducted in a very energetic manner, light effects very successfully illuminate hard-to-reach places. In general, the game is not bad and worthy of attention.
- Fall to your knees in order to avoid the triggering attacks in the first round with Egg. His attacks are just lightning fast!
- When fighting with Mr. Scheobelen, direct the "balls" a little to the side, then the splinters will hit him.
- You can take a high jump to the platform at the 10th level, get a lot of coins and an extra life.
- At level 15, when you fall down, try to keep the center of the "funnel" to avoid strikes against obstacles and various debris.
What can you find on the road?
- Health - restores one "segment" of life.
- Kay - opens the door to secret areas and to various useful things.
- Extra Life gives you one more chance for good luck in the game.
- Weapons allows you to fight with enemies and even kill them.
From the title screen, enter the Password Options screen and enter the following codes (one at a time):
NEVERDIE - Invincibility.
OCMCKKEJ - Level selection.
GETACCES - Gives access to all levels (Option 2).
SKATBORD - Gives the Speed Greed after each level.
HORMONES - Gives maximum health.
IMMORTAL - Increases the number of your lives to 31.
MAKMYDAY - Gives you a continuous weapon.
NEVERDIE - Invincibility (Option 2).
GENETICS - Provides access to the Mutant mode.
GONAHURL - Gives access to the Camera Roll.
JUSTKIDN - Regeneration of monsters.
ACIDDUDE - Provides stunning graphics capabilities in Graphics mode.
01. EMIAGCAI - Ice Prison
02. OMACCBAI - Zorrscha's Lab
03. FAIAGCBI - Hot Pants
04. FEKAGCCA - Stan's The Man
05. LGBFIICE - Oyater Desoyster
06. LMBBIIEE - Puxxle Wood
07. IEBBIIGF - Temple of Nori
08. KNBBIIAI - Egg! Egg!
09. LGBJIICI - Huevos Libertad!
10. LOBJIIEI - Pipe Hous
11. IGBJIIGJ - Hate Tank
12. FFCAGCCC - Fantabulous
13. FHCAGCCK - Mr. Schneobelen
14. FJKEGCDC - Collide O Scope
15. FLKEGCDK - The Zoul Train
16. ADIKBIIB - Lick The Toad
17. ADMIBIID - The Bitter End
18. MAECCBEJ - Rub The Buddha
02 - AJMABLOC
03 - FAAAGCNA
04 - LJABIDOA
05 - LDBBJLAE
06 - KLBFCCE
07 - IEBBJLMF
08 - POECHEJJ
09 - FHCAODAC
010 - AKAJDIJC
11 - NIECGPCJ
12 - FKDAGMNK
13 - LKFBKLAM
14 - BBAMFKDK
15 - FPDAGMHC
16 - APEMFINO
17 - POGCLMEB
18 - FMDAGPIM
19 - FCLAGJNE
Enter the GENETICS password (Press L2 + Circle for changes and L2 + X to return to normal mode).