Perspective: Side view
Visual: 2D scrolling
Gameplay: Arcade, Beat 'em up / Brawler
Published by: Tecmo
Developed by: Tecmo
Ninja Gaiden - one of the best representatives of the genre Action Arcade for the NES platform. The game was released in 1989 by Tecmo and was a huge success for the players. At intervals of a year, two more parts emerged: "Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos" (1990) and "Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom" (1991).The game became popular due to the fact that, in addition to the standard attributes of any Action, there is a clear storyline that develops over two dozen stages. However, the main key to the popularity of the entire series of "Ninja Gaiden" is the presence of excellent animated intro that follow after passing each level of the game. Cutscenes will not allow you to break away from the screen and contribute to a deeper penetration into the game.From the opening intro we learn the background of the main character, the young ninja - Ryu Hayabus. The day after the disappearance of his father, Ryu discovers a letter addressed to him from the pope, in which he talks about a possible duel, in which his life is at stake. And in case he does not return, the father asks Ryu to take a family heirloom - the sword of the Dragon - and go to the USA in search of the archaeologist Walter Smith. From this moment the protagonist takes the path of revenge and goes to America.The graphics in the game are simply excellent, the main character and the enemies are drawn very cool. In general, everything at the highest level - screenshots will only confirm this. The musical accompaniment gives the game a ghostly and mysterious mood, which together with the introductions creates a special, holistic and realistic world of "Ninja Gaiden".But, still the most distinctive in the game, which most affects the suffering soul of any gamer is the gameplay. In the game, first of all, your excellent reaction and accuracy of jumps and strikes are valued. In case of a miss, the opponents immediately take advantage of the situation and try to reduce your entire life balance to zero. The passage of each stage is given a certain time, and this further makes the player mobilize and concentrate. Levels are difficult enough to pass, and sometimes you just have to run forward and swing with a sword counting on luck, because in case of the slightest delay on your part, the enemies immediately begin to attack violently, not giving the opportunity to defend themselves. It should be noted that "Ninja Gaiden" is one of the most difficult games for passing, it is all about time and around time. If you learn to appreciate time and do everything accurately and on time, you can go to the end and learn the answers to questions that the main character has set for himself.In the game, you can select power-ups that significantly expand your combat potential: from fireballs and the protection of the main character to the asterisk ninja. A variety of weapons, which in large numbers are represented in levels, makes it possible to deal with opponents in your preferred way.Excellent graphics, mysterious music, crazy gameplay and a great story with animated cutscenes made the "Ninja Gaiden" series one of the most popular for the NES platform. The popularity of the series was such that it had the honor of being re-released in 1995 for the SNES platform (called "Ninja Gaiden Trilogy version"), followed by another game for the XBOX platform in 2004 with the original name "Ninja Gaiden".The game was also published in paper form - as a book "Ninja Gaiden" from the series "Worlds of Power", which was published in the early nineties by Seth Godin. Equally curious is the fact that musical amateurs and professionals are still writing remix tracks based on basic musical themes from this great game, they can be found in large numbers in free access on the Internet.
- In Los Angeles, breaking the hanging lamps on the walls, you can find a bunch of prizes - instant artifacts (head - life, cone - health, extra glasses - from 500 to 1000, hourglass - short-term frost all enemies, flame - fire shield , Sweeping away everything on the way for 8 seconds and devastating your arsenal), as well as weapons and replenishing it with hieroglyphs.
- Do not get carried away by collecting hard-to-reach bonuses, since the time spent at a level is limited to 150 seconds.
- The first boss - a bouncer in the bar, where the hero came in, in order to clarify the residence of the archaeologist - no problems. Kill it with a sword from a safe distance, with a knife it will not reach you.
- In pursuit of a brown ninja who stole a statue from you, be careful. Having driven the kidnapper into a corner, beat him from afar, but keep in mind - every third or fourth of his jump ends with a throw of three stars. Fortunately, the lower two can be knocked down with a sword or an asterisk thrown toward them.
- In the temple you are attacked by two animated sculptures, either frogs, or dogs ugly, but only one of them is vulnerable - hide under the platform and wait.
- Halfway to the main altar, your path will be blocked by the mighty ninja Malf, who once defeated Ken Hayabusa himself! Ryu will have to prove that in the art of the sword he knows as well as his father - with all his might, and as soon as possible, cut down the adversary, until he threw you irresistible globular lightning.
- The moment Ryu as the heir of the legendary Shinobi and the last owner of the Sword of the Dragon to repeat the feat of the great ancestor and destroy the demon, until he regained control of the world. First of all, you have to cut off the tail of the monster. Then it becomes possible to deprive the monster of the head and, under the incessant hail of harmful insides, to smash the center of its power - a huge ball clamped in dozens of claws-tentacles.