Setting: Sci-fi / futuristic
Published by: Electronic Arts
Developed by: Electronic Arts Canada
Platform: PlayStation (PSX, PS1)
A game based on the animated cartoon of the same name. The malicious company Megabyte again took up its own, having produced hundreds of Tear in the computer everywhere. Acting as Bob's security guard, you are fighting against the destructive forces of the villainous robot Megabyte. Bob rushes on his Zip board - a flying skateboard, destroying flying tanks, fighting hurricanes, "liquid energy", terrible robots. But Bob's main task is to prevent Megabit from infecting the computer system with a virus! 21 3D levels and seven different sectors in ReBoot! From peaceful countryside to Chaos! Eight Bosses and over 30 different enemies! And also non-linear nature of management, brilliant cinematic inserts, numerous weapons and various means of protection! Only you can restore order in virtual reality by correcting all failures and malfunctions. Actually, a detailed guide to playing ReBoot is not required. Just stick to the direction of the next failure (indicated by an arrow on the radar screen) and fix one malfunction after another. Below are a few tips and tricks that you may find useful in boss fights and when exploring the levels of the game.
- Ammo: Collect all the ammo you can get your hands on. They will never be redundant.
- Glitch Tools: sometimes it may seem to you that this is not a tool, but some kind of weapon. Be vigilant and don't try to shoot any enemy with a super fancy wrench. This will surely end badly.
- Jumping: If you see any bridge, overhang or ledge that you can obviously jump on - spend a little time and effort, but get there. As a rule, your efforts will not be in vain.
- Strafing: During combat, the most important thing is not to stand still. Move from side to side, describe circles, move back and forth, but just don't be a stationary target. Without mastering these maneuvers, there is no point in trying to fight Hexadecil and Megabyte.
- Radar: Understand the notation on the radar. Without it, falling into an ambush is as easy as sending two bits. Remember - the arrow indicating the direction to the next target (malfunction) does not take into account its vertical position. If you have reached a place where, according to the radar, an object should be located, but it is not there, you should either go down or go up several floors.
- Completing Levels: When you fix all the problems on the level, you have as much time as you want, you can wander around in search of recharging, keys and all sorts of other bonuses. Do not hurry!