Perspective: 1st-person, 3rd-person, Behind view
Visual: Cinematic camera
Interface: Direct control
Published by: Activision
Developed by: Travellers Tales (UK) Ltd.
Platforms: Nintendo 64 (N64), PlayStation (PSX, PS1)
The player controls Buzz Lightyear where he has to locate and rescue Woody after he was kidnapped by Al McWhiggin. He can execute and jump a double jump, where he has two attacks: his laser wrist and his spider attack, both have to be charged. In addition, there are all 5 powers that can be unlocked by helping Buzz complete certain tasks. Many of the voices from the movie's cast return to the voice of their in-game characters with the exception of Tom Hanks and Wallace Shawn, who did not resume their tracks as Woody and Rex respectively (instead being the voices of Jim Hanks. for Woody and Earl Boen for Rex).
- Andy's House: It is Andy's house where the player starts in the bedroom, and can also visit the living room, the garage, the basement, the loft and the kitchen.
- Andy's Neighborhood: At this stage, the player is in Andy's backyard, being able to visit other backyards in the neighborhood.
- Construction yard: In this phase you go to a farm where there is a building being built, a trailer, and several other things that you have in a construction.
- Alleys and Ghoulies: This stage takes place in a dark alley.
- Al's Toy Barn: This phase takes place at Al's Toy Barn.
- Al 'Space Land: This phase takes place in the space toy wing inside Als' Toy Barn, where there is a corridor where Buzz is constantly bombarded by lasers due to the battle between Buzz's and Zurg's in which he must use the shield to pass.
- Elevator Hop: This stage takes place inside the ventilation ducts of Al's apartment. In this stage there are two elevators that will help you to climb to the top of the stage.
- Al's Penthouse: This phase takes place at Al's apartment, where Woody is. It is a very advanced stage in the game.
- Airport Infiltration: This phase takes place in a lobby, from where the bags are checked at the airport.
- Tarmac Trouble: At this stage, Buzz is on the takeoff and landing runway where he has a plane running in circles where he can climb to reach other parts of the stage.
- Buzz: Only playable character.
- corpotrexantes: Tell the player what to do and where the other characters are. It is present at all levels (except for bosses).
- Mr. Potato Head: It always appears on the first level of each zone. The player must find a part of his body that is lost in exchange for a special accessory.
- Piggy: Ask the player to give you 50 coins at all levels in exchange for a Pizza Planet token.
- Slinky: Appears on three levels. Ask the player to collect five objects in a given period of time, in exchange for a Pizza Planet token.
- CR: Appears on the first two levels. Ask the player to bet a race against you in exchange for a Pizza Planet token.