Perspective: Side view
Visual: 2D scrolling
Art: Anime / Manga
Gameplay: Platform, Shooter
Setting: Sci-Fi / Futuristic
Published by: Nintendo of America Inc.
Developed by: Capcom Co.
Platform: Nintendo (NES)
Mega Man defeated Dr. Wiley again and returned peace and tranquility to people. To prevent his further attempts to take over the world, the World Alliance of Robotics was created. Thanks to financial support from the mystical Mr. X, scientists and robotics from around the world managed to create eight most powerful combat robots to protect humanity. The organization decided to hold a championship between robots to test their combat skills. But before he began, Mr. X announced to the world that in fact he was driving Dr. Wiley. Now he decided to take matters into his own hands and programmed robots to take over the world. Now Mega Man has to eliminate the new threat. After the battle with Mr. X, Mega Man learns that he is Dr. Wiley, and his disguise is another trick, and Mega Man must once again defeat him.
- M.Buster - Standard type of weapon. If you hold down the attack button, you can increase the power of the blaster.
- Y.Spear - Yamato Spear. Shoots a line of spearheads. The similarity of the Eagle Gun from the 3rd part of the game.
- W.Storm - Tornado. Launches a tornado that takes the enemy away. Graphically, a copy of the Air gun from the 2nd part of the game, and works like Snakes from the third.
- B.Attack - Snowflake. Releases 4 snowflakes that fly along the trajectory. Very quickly exhausted.
- F.Blast - Flame. A weapon of a distant defeat, shoots a bundle of flame on the ground, and it creates a small wall for a few seconds.
- P.Barrier - Plant Barrier. Creates a shield that destroys weak enemies, disappears when in contact with the enemy or his attack. Similarity of a leafy shield from the 2nd part of the game.
- C.Knight - Spike Ball. Throws a ball, he comes back. You can throw diagonally. The similarity of the Powerful fist and Shuriken from the 3rd part of the game.
- T.Silver - Tomahawk. Throws a tomahawk, which flies in an arc upwards.
- C.Flash - Centaur Flash. Destroys all enemies on the screen. "Wind Man" is vulnerable to this weapon. The similarity of Stop Time from Mega Man 2 and Bright Flash from the 4th part of the game.
- Beat - causes a mechanical birdie, "Beat". Which helps in battle. To get it, you need to collect at the levels of 4 letters (BEAT).
- Jet - Replaces Jet Rush and Spring. Equips you with a jet pack. Energy is infinite, if it ends, it is automatically replenished. In this mode, you can not use the slip (roll). It is given after the destruction of Plant Man's robot boss.
- Rush Power Adapter - Equips you with power gloves that do a lot of damage. If you hold down the attack button to the maximum, then you can break the blocks. It is given after the destruction of the robot boss Flame Man.
- Energy Balancer - Recovers energy for a special weapon without having to select it. You can find it at the Tomahawk Man level.
- E (Energy Cell) - fills the health scale completely. Portable, can be used at any time. But you can not carry more than 9 pieces at a time.