Perspective: Side view
Visual: 2D scrolling
Art: Anime / Manga
Gameplay: Platform, Shooter
Setting: Sci-Fi / Futuristic
Published by: Capcom U.S.A.
Developed by: Capcom Co.
Platforms: Nintendo (NES), Game Boy
The plot is that the old enemy of Mega Man, Dr. Wiley, attacks the city where the heroes of the game live; the mysterious Protoman abducts Dr. Light. The main character goes to battle.
Gameplay is standard, as in the previous series of the game: weapons - an improved hyperblaster.
- M.Buster - The main weapon of Mega Man. Kills enemies with an attack booster.
- W.Wave - Water Wave. Attacks the enemy from below and does not rise to the ceiling. Washes the enemy away. Star Man is vulnerable to this weapon.
- G.Attack - Pinwheel. Shoots one way and changes direction if you press up or down. Helps to get the enemy from above. Crystal Man is vulnerable to this weapon.
- C.Eye - Crystal Bullet. Shooting at an object, it hurts. Also divided into three parts when colliding with a wall. Does not fade when colliding with a wall. Napalm Man is weak to this weapon.
- N.Bomb - Tank Bomb. Shooting, he falls and after a few seconds it explodes. Stone Man is weak to this weapon.
- P.Stone - Three-turning stones. Deals damage to the enemy for a while. Charge Man takes damage on the same weapon.
- C.Kick - Super Sliding. There is no need to shoot. You can arrange a tackle and it will hit the enemy. Wave Man takes damage with the same weapon.
- S.Crash - Star block. Launch Star Block, run on it and it will hit the enemy completely. But you can shoot him. Gravity Man is weak to these weapons.
- G.Hold - Change of gravity. Carries all enemies (except some) on the screen up. Gyro Man is vulnerable to this weapon.
- The game is banned in Vietnam because of the level of Napalm Man, where the hero ran in caves that cite underground Viet Cong refuges, and the boss's name reminds of dropping napalm on residents.
- Stage of the boss boss Gravity Man is unusual due to the fact that most of the level Mega Man goes upside down. There is only one such level in the NES.
- Star Man robot boss stage has low gravity. After you destroy him, you get not only the Star Block from him, but also the Super Shot, with which you can fly on it and attack enemies at the same time.