Perspective: Side view
Visual: 2D scrolling
Art: Anime / Manga
Gameplay: Platform, Shooter
Setting: Sci-Fi / Futuristic
Published by: Capcom U.S.A.
Developed by: Capcom Co.
Platforms: Nintendo (NES), Game Boy (GB)
As in the previous parts of the game, the player will have to play for the humanoid robot Mega Man. Mega Man is equipped with a blaster that charges by pressing the attack button, this one does more damage.
The player will have to defeat the robots designed by Dr. Wiley. For the victory over each boss Mega Man gets a special weapon.
This time Mega Man is challenged by the mysterious scientist Dr. Cossack, who created eight powerful combat robots to capture the world. Later it turns out that Dr. Cossack is not a villain. He was forced to challenge Mega Man, as Dr. Wiley kidnapped his daughter Kalinka, who Protomain rescued from his captivity during the Mega Man battle with Dr. Cossack. After that, Mega Man enters the battle with Wiley.
- Mega Buster - Standard type of weapon, shoot in a queue of 3 bullets. Or if you hold down the attack buttons, you can increase the power. Infinite ammo
- Rain Flush - Mega Man launches a rocket probe, causing poisonous rain that destroys almost all enemies on the screen.
- Flash Stopper - stops all enemies and the boss Pharaon Man. Then a standard blaster will be available.
- Pharaoh Bullet - energy balls. You can shoot diagonally. If you hold down the attack button, then a huge energy ball will appear above Mega Man’s head, it can serve as a defense against enemies flying from above, against stronger enemies, the ball disappears. A huge ball can also be released, it deals more damage.
- Ring Boomerang - throw a huge ring and it returns to you. The ring does not fly away. Does not disappear upon contact with the enemy.
- Dust Crusher - Mega Man shoots a bunch of junk, when a collision with the enemy falls into 4 parts that fly diagonally.
- Skull Barrier - disappears with a collision with the enemy and his attack.
- Dive Missile - rockets fly at the enemy on their own.
- Drill Bomb - shoot drills that explode when in contact with the enemy, you can also blow the drill manually if you repeatedly press the attack button. Destroys obstacles.
- Rush Jet - Rush turns into a jet board, standing on which, the player can move forward on it until it touches the wall.
- Rush Coil - The character calls Rush, who has a spring in his back. Stepping on it you get the acceleration required for high jumps in some game situations.
- Rush Marine - Rush turns into a submarine, used only in water levels.
- E-Tank - fully replenishes your health.
- Wire - Run the "cat" that clings to the ceiling and you go up to the top. The hook itself deals damage to enemies; to use it, you need to press a combination (Up + Attack).
- Balloon - the object looks like a floating platform (Item-1) from the 2nd part of the game.