Genre: Action, Simulation
Perspective: 1st-person, Behind view
Gameplay: Vehicular Combat Simulator
Interface: Direct Control
Vehicular: Mecha / Giant Robot
Published by: Activision
Developed by: Quantum Factory
Platform: PlayStation (PSX, PS1)
The game continues the tradition of "mech wars". You have to sit down in the cockpit of one of the twelve monstrous military mechanisms - huge, like skyscrapers, but fighting with rage and ruthlessness. Before the battle, you must choose one of the belligerents whose honor you will defend - Jade Falcon Clan or Wolf Clan. You can also equip your car with a set of more than 20 weapons. The clashes of cars with cars are unfolding on cold distant planets, in the gloomy atmosphere of cities, in the open spaces of the desert. You have to complete 16 tasks. Those who feel like a professional in this game can choose Career Mode, which includes a chain of tasks of increasing difficulty, in which new types of equipment are a reward for the successes achieved.
For PlayStation, the game was completely redesigned. You are still in full control of your Mechs and can even make anything from them, as if from transformers, during and between missions. This allows you to create your own unique world for each player and adds flexibility and variety to your actions. Graphics and sound, like in the PC version, are of tremendous quality.
This game once broke into the world of video set-top boxes. Many players on the PC remember that Mechaction Gate was a fantastic hit. The reality of control and the difficulty of passing levels grab so much that you forget about time. For PlayStation, the game was completely redesigned. You are still in full control of your Mechs and can even make anything from them, as if from transformers, during and between missions. This allows you to create your own unique world for each player and adds flexibility and variety to your actions.
- It is often worth going to "overheating" and forced landing, if you are sure that another shot will finish the enemy.
- If you are surrounded by slow Mech, take advantage of your speed - go back to the mountains, and thus "covering your back", open fire.
- Try to organize your combat resources in such a way so that for each situation you have a powerful "fist" at your disposal. For example: long-range lasers, melee lasers and self-guided searchlights are truly a killer combination!
- If the enemy flies overhead, aim in the leg - will not be able to escape when it crashes to the ground.
- If you are armed with long-range lasers or missiles, do not take risks and fight at a distance. As soon as you find yourself in the area of defeat with enemy weapons (the intersecting hairs will turn red), move to a safe distance and fire.
- Use light and high-speed Mech for reconnaissance operations, plan selection and attack direction by heavy Mesk.
- If you crippled the enemy (for example, shot him a leg), circle around him so that he can not turn and aim. Well, and finish it, in the end!