Perspective: Side view
Perspective: 2D scrolling
Gameplay: Arcade, Shooter
Vehicular: Flight / Aviation
Published by: Capcom U.S.A.
Developed by: Capcom Co.
Platforms: Nintendo (NES), SEGA Genesis / Mega Drive
The plot of the game is very simple: You play for Baloo - bear-airmail. You just take on the execution of instructions (roughly speaking, fly from point A to point B), but what awaits you on the road?
We'll have to face air pirates. Whether they hunt for parcels, or simply attack because of bloodthirstiness - it remains unclear, but they will not miss you at the helm. Each of them has its own methods of non-destructive destruction, the main thing is to find them before your lives end.
A little bit about the gameplay. The aircraft shoots in three different directions (straight, diagonals), and it can be deployed at any time. In places where you fly in a horizontal plane, the plane flies in the opposite direction, which sharply distinguishes the game from its neighbors in the genre. When flying horizontally and on screens with bosses, the plane simply unfolds for the convenience of shooting. There are a lot of bonuses on the levels. Hearts replenish health items, fruits give bonus points, and bags and boxes give some money to your piggy bank. By the way about money: after passing through the level you get to the store where you can purchase improvements for your aircraft.
In general, TaleSpin is quite a quality game, with nice graphics, good sounds and music.
The game was on NES, Game Boy, Sega Genesis, Game Gear, TurboGrafx-16
- Look for chests and sacks of money. Thanks to them, after the end of the next stage Balu will be able to purchase spare parts for the aircraft, cartridges and much more. Please note that you do not need to lower money at once, you can save them on a "rainy day" without fear of inflation, when you need to buy additional lives.
- How to deal with the "bosses" - the most difficult rivals of each stage, the main assistants of Don Carnage.
- The first stage is a submarine. To sink it is not difficult, you only need to get into it many times, dodging its shots.
- At the second stage - a baseball. Keep always at the top of the screen and shoot when the ball opens and rises.
- In the third stage, Baloo will be in a haunted house, and he will be confronted by a man with a half-vision. The invisible man has arms, legs, a hat and a bow. Here's a bow and you need to shoot, not forgetting to dodge the limbs.