Genre: Role-Playing (RPG), Strategy / tactics
Gameplay: Real-time strategy
Published by: Tecmo
Developed by: Tecmo
Platform: PlayStation (PSX, PS1)
This is the third and final part for the SONY PlayStation platform, the next part was published for the second PlayStation. As before, the game does not have any intelligible plot, or rather it exists (about it below), but by and large it is not needed, because the main goal of the game is to mock your poor enemies, and noble goals serve as a weak excuse for everyone the fanaticism that the main character does on the screen. In fact, this is a real game for sadists, no matter how it is veiled and what goals the main character pursues. For those who are just getting acquainted with the series, I inform you that you have at your disposal many different traps, the combination of which can reach 2000 options, whether it be pits with sharp spikes, arrows flying out of the walls, or a huge boulder falling on the head of an unfortunate enemy from nowhere ... , it would be a fantasy, but there is a method. The game is not linear, that is, you can get several endings of the game. The graphics of the game look significantly better compared to previous games (improved engine Kagero: Deception II), the menu is a little confusing, but very functional as soon as you understand what's what. In general, despite its devilish essence, Deception III: Dark Delusion is an original and beautiful game worthy of adding to your collection.
The plot of the game is as follows. The action of this game takes place in the Middle Ages on an unknown island, where the main character Layna and her family are brought as prisoners. After the execution of her mother and brother, the girl wakes up in a cold dungeon, where, with the help of an unfamiliar boy, she discovers magic power in herself. Without hesitation, killing the guard, the newly converted witch escapes from prison, meets a young man with similar abilities and learns about a mythical stone that can turn back time. Hoping to resurrect her family, she goes in search of a mystical artifact.
- Enemies that are immune to arrows are immune to the Volt Javelin trap. However, the fourth level Hunter Blade trap pierces through enemy armor, although it is considered an Arrow Trap.
- After completing each game, you receive a 50,000 dreak bonus and save all those traps and money with which you finished the game, and you do not need to make Special Traps from scratch.
- Enemies that are immune to arrow traps can still be destroyed with arrows when trapped in a magnetic trap.
- You can use almost any object to flip a switch and move the pillars, throw stones or hit the enemy with arrows. This is very important, especially when it is difficult to reach the switch. For example, to activate a laser device in the Dark Ruins level, where the switch is high on the wall. In this case, you can use the stone to activate it.
- Try to knock your opponents off the cornice, then they will receive very serious damage.
- In Castle Hue, in the Black Chamber, set up a Blast Magnet This is a trap that is a combination of a magnetic wall and fire (Magnetic Wall + Fire) to push enemies directly into a trap hatch located on the ground.
- Use side steps while moving around the columns to dodge enemy fire or lure slow enemies when you need it. Such maneuvers avoid damage from long range attacks.
- A combination of Killer Combo. In the blue room of the Hue Castle (Blue Chamber), set and then activate the following traps for an amazing five-hit combo.
- First of all, set up a Blast Magnet trap and activate it as soon as the bad guys descend into the water. Then, when it goes off, use the Spring Floor trap to knock them down from the cornice, and then when they fall into the water, finish off the enemies using the Volt Rock trap.
- Hell Embler. In the game, you can find the secret emblem when you play as Rain in the ending from the past. To get this ending, reject Cecilia's offer to go to the Queen together. Then select the option when you go back to the past with the legendary Stone. When you get this ending, you will at the same time receive the Hell Emblem, which will allow you to set very powerful (it is a pity that only very expensive) traps, against which there is absolutely no defense. For example, such as Evil Stomp. Note. Some Knights are immune to Blast Traps, although this is not mentioned in any description.