Genre: Action, Sports
Perspective: Side view, Top-down
Gameplay: Arcade, Fighting, Mini-games, Platform, Shooter
Published by: Nintendo of America Inc.
Developed by: Nintendo R&D1
Platform: Game Boy Advance (GBA)
The distinctive feature of all games in the WarioWare saga is that they are collections of "microgames" that must be played in quick succession. Each of those micro games typically lasts for seven seconds, except in Wario Ware DIY and if not successfully completed, one life is lost.
- Wario: Main character of the video game
- Mona: She is a cheerleader who has her restaurant called Mona Pizza and in WarioWare: Touched !, Mona was a rock singer.
- Kat and Ana: They are fighting Kung Fu sisters who are from Japan, have pet friends (an eagle, a dog and a monkey) and live in a small house through a forest.
- Doctor Crygor: He is an inventor of smart things. He is the creator of his faithful servant robot Mike.
- Ashley: She is a quiet and innocent girl who likes to cast spells. She lives in a mansion on the outskirts of the city where Wario and his friends live and is accompanied by his faithful friend Red.
- Mike: It is a robot servant of Doctor Crygor. He is faithful although he likes music and singing karaoke a lot.
- 18-Volt and 9-Volt: They are two friends who really like to play nintendo video games all day. In WarioWare: Touched !, they bought a video game that they played all day and were late to school.
- Dribble and Spitz: They are two companion dogs that work in a taxi carrying people on Earth and in the galaxy.
- Fronk or Shag: He is the little 9-Volt partner who helps him in certain things.
- Penny: She is the granddaughter of Doctor Crygor who dreams of being a singer. Appeared in WarioWare: Smooth Moves 2006.
- Young Cricket and Master Mantis: They go around the world training. But sometimes the Mantis Master is distracted and sends his student to get some dumplings.
- 5-Volt: She is the mother of 9-Volt. She is said to have passed on the passion for video games to her son.
- Orbulon: It is an alien that crossed the galaxy. But after his ship crashed, he began living in Diamond City peacefully.
Microgames are simple videogames created by the fictional company WarioWare, Inc .. The main theme of the WarioWare line of videogames is microgames, which are usually simpler and shorter than minigames in the Mario Party saga.
Most of the instructions of the microgames are simple verbs, or short sentences, so the player has to assume in a very short time the objective to be achieved in the microgames.
All the microgames appear randomly within each of the phases, each one presented by a different character. Each character represents a class of microgames.
Microgames can be of three types, depending on the condition required to complete them:
- Microgames to complete, where the player must do something in a limited amount of time.
- Survival microgames, where the player has to avoid something, such as being touched, stepped on, etc.
- Boss mini-games, which usually occur at the end of each phase, being longer and more complex than microgames. These have no time limit.
In addition to these general sections, there are several microgames out of category:
- Intelligence microgames, which last twice as long, since they require thinking more.
- Multiplayer microgames, featured in WarioWare, Inc .: Mega Party Game $! and WarioWare: Smooth Moves, which are used to determine who starts a multiplayer game, or to undo a tie.
- Fronk microgames appear only in WarioWare: Twisted! They last only four seconds and appear randomly during story mode.
- Microgames from Nothing, certain microgames require the player to do nothing at all, such as muted microgames in phased microphone games in Touched !, or microgames in Twisted! where the console must remain balanced so as not to move the sensor that incorporates the cartridge. Likewise, some survival games can also be completed without doing anything.