Perspective: Bird's-eye view
Visual: Fixed / flip-screen
Gameplay: Metroidvania, Puzzle elements
Interface: Point and select
Vehicular: Naval / watercraft
Published by: Nintendo of America Inc.
Developed by: Nintendo EAD
Platform: Nintendo DS (NDS)
While traveling through the seas after the events of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Tetra comes across a strange ship that looks like a Ghost Ship. Tetra gets on board this ship, and it immediately begins to move away from the Tetra ship. Link jumps onto an ominous ship, but just clings his hand overboard; Tetra’s ship instantly hides in the fog, Link clings with his other hand overboard, but soon slips and falls into the water. Soon Link is lying on the shore of Ciela.
- Link (however, a player can change the name to another at the very beginning of the game) is the main game character.
- Tetra is the incarnation of Princess Zelda.
- Ciela (Sierra in the Japanese version) is a fairy who helps the protagonist, it is she who finds the insensitive Link at the beginning of the game. As it turns out later, she is the Spirit of Courage, one of three spirits serving the King of the Oceans.
- Oshus (also known as Grandpa) - King of the Oceans in the embodiment of man.
- Linebeck is the charismatic captain of the ship Link is traveling on.
- Beedle - a merchant, floats on his ship across all the seas, sometimes (from 10 to 12 (morning and evening) on weekdays) puts on a golden helmet and pretends that he does not know the main character (therefore, discounts received for purchases disappear). In this case, the Beadle's ship is renamed to Masked ship.
- Jolene is a pirate chasing Lineback.
- Joanne - sister Jolene, disguised as a mermaid, plays a small role in additional quests.