Genre: Action, Racing / Driving
Perspective: Behind view
Setting: Sci-Fi / Futuristic
Published by: Midway Home Entertainment
Developed by: Atari Games Corporation
Platform: Nintendo 64 (N64)
Racing takes place in San Francisco 2049 rock on futuristic cars.
The game has different modes with different gameplay. In total there are 13 models of cars, but some of them are initially hidden. You can open them by collecting special coins. Cars have parameters: speed, acceleration, handling and durability. Before the race, you can adjust the parts (transmission, wheels, engine) and the look (color, shine, wheels). Cars have retractable wings that help leveled in a high jump or when falling.
Trails often have hidden shortcuts, jumps and hiding places with bonuses. In multiplayer mode, the screen is divided into equal parts for each player.
For more information, a tachometer is available (how many wheel turns were made per race), a speedometer, an odometer (how much distance was covered for the race), a radar, transmission, a route map and hour counters. In some modes, conditions such as wind, fog and gravity on the track are adjusted.
- Single Race is a standard mode for arcade machines, where the player competes with several live or computer opponents in speed.
- Practice Race - the player can do everything the same as in a single race, but without counting laps, that is, the game continues indefinitely
- Ghost Race - available only for single player mode. Here you need to beat your previous record, and the visualization of this record is the "ghost" of the player's car.
- Circuit Race - you need to win on points in four races on different routes. Points are awarded for a place at the finish.
- Stunt Mode - in this mode, the goal is to score as many points as possible for performing tricks in a special arena.
- Battle Mode - available for two or more players. Battles take place in special arenas where cars with various weapons destroy each other until one winner remains. Cars appear in different places and initially have the same weapon, but can pick up another one placed in different places and bonuses. The number of lives for all participants in the battle is configured before the start.
Bonuses: invisibility, repair, shield.
- Gattling Gun - shoots bursts of shots. It has 100 charges.
- Battle Ram - allows you to ram it and instantly destroy one of the enemy's machine.
- Grenade Launcher - shoots several grenades, which bounce off obstacles several times. In stock there are 20 grenades.
- Guided Missile - hits the nearest enemy with a single shot. There are 3 rockets in total.
- Rocket Launcher - weak missiles that destroy the enemy with two hits. There are a total of 20 missiles.
- Land Mine - leaves mines behind the car. The one who set the mine cannot blow it up. Bonus Shield protects against explosion.
- Plasma gun - has 20 average charge forces, which are relatively slow to fly in a straight line.
- Sonic Blaster - releases a wave around the car that does average damage, but can turn the opponent's car over or push it from a height. There are 5 charges in stock.