Genre: Racing / Driving, Simulation, Sports
Perspective: 1st-person, Behind view
Gameplay: Arcade, Vehicle Simulator
Vehicular: Automobile, Off-roading, Track Racing
Published by: Electronic Arts
Developed by: Infogrames Europe SA
Platform: PlayStation (PSX, PS1)
Her first version caused disappointment, and V-Rally 2 appeared to correct this situation. From the very beginning, you need to tune in a serious way. If you are bored with an extensive collection of super runs (and there are as many as 92!), Then you can rush along the rural road. To do this, you have to leave only one car in the game, and the rest (the ones you like) need to be saved to the memory card. And you can also use the in-game first-class editor of the tracks, which allows you to build something quite suitable from a small number of elements in a matter of seconds. Now you can play the four of us, without connecting the two consoles together, but by dividing the screen into four parts and using Multi-Tap. And with the Dual Shock adjustment, the game works perfectly at all. Each slightest adjustment occurs instantly and significantly affects the movement of the car. But sometimes the speed of the car instantly drops to zero, followed by a short run along the roadside with a terrible shaking. Apparently, the “hot spots” marked on the road for collisions were reflected on the road itself. But all this stuff. The rest of the race V-Rally 2 is a delightful adventure. The tremendous speed, beautiful landscapes, obedient steering wheel - all this is simply breathtaking and gives the impression of the absolute reality of what is happening. The car glides superbly, obediently gives reverse gear, can turn over, and at the same time its damages become visible. Trails sometimes split in two, but never end in a dead end. You never stop racing just because you scratched a wing on a wire fence. Drive the entire championship track is not so difficult. The player is offered 18 licensed cars, and in the future you can open another 10, including Lancia Stratos. In terms of technical characteristics, V-Rally 2 is undoubtedly a good rally game for the PlayStation.
- Point of display - First of all, rolling out at the start, change the point of display of the camera with which you are watching the race. A point just behind the car is very good, a good overview, but a look from the cabin, although traditional, will give the best chances of winning. You can install the camera and on the hood, if you want, but there is no sense in it - and the last place!
- Tire selection - Observe the condition of your tires, check if they correspond to the current weather conditions. The computer does not always pick the right tires, and then this can lead to the loss of first place
- Cornering - In this game, cornering is reminiscent of R4. Except for the terrible U-shaped turns. It is not necessary to use the brakes at all, you can slightly slow down at the right moment and forget about the brakes, using them only in emergency cases.
- The Pits - Do not skip over the Pit screen (i.e., do not accidentally press the X button), you will not be able to return here. Uncommon piloting skills and attention are required here, otherwise the speed will noticeably drop in the second race
- Dirty game - Sometimes it is vital to overtake any car, then do not be afraid to use dirty forbidden tricks. It is best to hit the opponent in the back of the side, to knock him off the track or spin as a top. He has nothing to do, and you only lose a little speed. Overtaking needs to be done very carefully so as not to get into an accident.
- Tips mate! - It's not easy, but if you want to be a champion in V-Rally 2, then you can't do without it. Turn off the music, reduce the roar of the engine and listen carefully to the co-pilot. His comments are always in place and help prepare for the passage of difficult sections. Well, if you do not know the language, then just focus and be careful
- Save it! - The game has no automatic saving system, so do not forget to save the game.
Enter LDN as racer name.
Instead of your driver's name, enter any of the following codes to get to the secret tracks.
CDLC - Secret Route # 1
CDLCA - Secret Route # 2
CDLCB - Secret Route # 3
CDLCC - Secret Route # 4
CDLCD - Secret Route # 5
All cars and trophies
When the title screen appears, press L1, R1, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Down, Up, Down, X, X + Select. If the code is entered correctly, you will hear a sound. Then select the empty square and press X to get the corresponding car and "trophy".