Perspective: 3rd-person, Side view
Art: Anime / Manga
Gameplay: Fighting, Martial Arts
Published by: Banpresto Co.
Developed by: Arc System Works Co.
Platform: Game Boy Advance (GBA)
There is the possibility of handling up to 13 different characters from the Dragon Ball Z world. When choosing a character, it is also possible to choose between 3 different strength levels.
The characters are:
- Trunks of the future
- Captain Ginyu
- Dr. Gero
- Majin Buu
The story modes present the sagas of the Dragon Ball Z anime and alternate stories to it and their descriptions below are:
- GOKU: It's the same anime story already mentioned above, only with a few small details that are: Goku and Vegeta fight together against Ginyu and Freezer, then Goku meets A-18 and Piccolo fights against Dr Gero, Goku does not die in the Saga of Cell and help Gohan with the kamehameha.
- VEGETA: This story is alternate to the anime since the one who dies is Goku by protecting Vegeta from Frieza's attack and thus transforms into the legendary Super Saiyayin and becomes the most powerful in the universe and the protector of the Earth and defeats the same to the androids (with the help of Trunks of the future), Cell, Goku, Majin Boo and Super Boo (with Goku's help).
- GOHAN: He becomes the protector of the earth after Goku was killed by android 20 (Dr Gero)
- Piccolo: Saves Namek since Goku never arrived to transform into super saiyayin and defeat Freezer, Goku dies when being killed by Piccolo with a mankankosapo to defeat Cell
Z Battle Mode
In this tournament mode, you choose a team or an individual character and pounds a complete tournament. To win a Z Battle tournament you have to defeat a whole series of opponents, earning money once completed. You can see the 5 best scores for each type of battle by going to the options menu and selecting "Ranking".
Choose between one and three characters to face a team of three predetermined opponents. You will receive a cash prize if you successfully defeat all opposing teams.
Free Battle Mode
Fight alone or as a team against the opponents you want. In this mode, winning a battle does not earn money.
In this mode you can learn basic and advanced techniques and perfect your skills. In this mode there are 2 sub-modes:
- Practice: Here you can try special moves against a specific opponent, choosing specific combat parameters.
- Tutorial: Here you can receive a step-by-step demonstration of combat movements.
In this mode you can fight against your friends through a Game Link cable from Game Boy Advance. Each player must have a game cartridge and a Game Boy Advance.
Through this mode you can access the following game options:
- Settings: in this section you can modify the difficulty, activate or deactivate the background music and activate or deactivate the sound effects.
- Store: once you earn money in battle, you can buy new and higher level characters, with three levels available for each character. You can also buy sagas, "difficult" and "infernal" difficulty levels, and the museum option.
- Ranking: This mode shows the five best "Z Battle" scores in 1-on-1 and team matches.
- Museum: To access this option you must first buy it in the store. In the museum it is possible to hear 180 voice samples of the characters, 25 background melodies, 54 sound effects of the game and see 23 illustrations of Dragon Ball Z.