Gameplay: Arcade, Fighting
Published by: Taito Corporation
Developed by: Polygon Magic
Platform: PlayStation (PSX, PS1)
Tobal 2 set such a high bar that it is very difficult to reach this level, especially with respect to the graphic solution. It is clear that Fighters' Impact is significantly worse, but has a number of advantages (otherwise it can not be!). Very good color and play of light and shadow. However, the original eight fighters (not counting the hidden ones), although graphically very primitive and sketchy, move perfectly. And when you master the combinational technique, you will be able to evaluate the Fighters' Impact. After all, the game has the ability to build long combinations. For example, Combo De Manmbo, includes as many as 64 consecutive reception! And the Slide Combo System provides a unique opportunity to perform endless combinations! It is interrupted only when you hold a prohibited reception or twice repeat the same. Actually, it's just necessary, and then you'll overheat. Many characters own three unique fighting styles. One of them is the main one, the other two are additional (Sub-Style). These styles are based both on karate and teikwondo techniques, and on primitive methods of fighting and street fights. However, the combination of techniques is sometimes simply unique. The game has many secret modes (Super Deformed, Paperthin, Animal Carrying, Stickman, Shrink). Of course, Nevazhnetskaya graphics plays its negative role, but the richness and diversity of the modes and the unique system for building combinations make the game very dynamic and fascinating, although it was a bit late and not entirely up to date.
- 2D Characters: On the main menu screen, press: Right, Right, Right, Right, Right, Right, Right, Right, Right.
- Deformed Characters: Select, Select, Select, Select, Select, Select, Select, Select, Select, Select.
- Stick Mode: On the main menu screen, press: Left, Left, Left, Left, Left, Left, Left, Left.
- Alternative Costumes of Characters: When on the character selection screen, press and hold Circle + Square, then press Start.
- Little Characters: When in the character selection screen highlight the selected character, press and hold Down + X + Circle and press Start.