Setting: Sci-Fi / Futuristic
Published by: Bandai America
Developed by: CyberConnect
Platform: PlayStation (PSX, PS1)
You are a genetically modified government agent named Utah Faith, and you, as a large expert on everything that explodes, will have an operation in outer space that is administered by the Judicial Planet Alliance. The Hornet Army attacked this alliance by sending a huge space battleship operated by the elite Dante unit. You break through the battle through several levels, place bombs, toss them into your enemies. However, here it's not just explosions, this game requires a certain strategy, since the bombs not only destroy enemies, but can also cause serious damage to you if you are near the explosion. In addition, you have the opportunity to improve the combat characteristics of your character. For example, the range of bombs or their number. Depending on the changed characteristics, you can build your own combat strategies. Since the most important thing in this game is the action, you can skip a rather modest story line by clicking the Start button. As you know, despite the quiet name, this game is not at all quiet. The explosions are filled with literally all the soundtracks, although the music also supports the tension and is quite appropriate. It will be very unpleasant if during the game one of your friends or parents will try to distract you or ask you to do something. Perhaps this is one of the biggest troubles that can happen to you during the game.
This game belongs to the genre Action and should please the old school players with its atmosphere and gameplay, where you will travel literally through all the circles of hell. The game has a two-player mode, training levels and an aiming system. There are a number of missions to be performed, many explosions, in general, a worthy entertainment.
Management is simple enough and effective, but a number of techniques will require you to train fairly before you can perform them quickly and efficiently. The main essence of the game is that you need to blow everyone up faster than they do you, which is sometimes very problematic.
- Try to make maximum use of training levels to achieve automatic control. You will need this to the fullest.
- Try to find every E-Chip you can. By the time you reach level 14 and meet face to face with Benoit, you should have enough E-Chips to maximize your shields, that is, up to level 6, providing 60% protection, to develop a bomb to the 4th level, i.e. simultaneously have 6 bombs, and Range to the third level, i.e. distances of 9 meters.
- It is very good to lay several bombs at once, especially against powerful opponents. This procedure is called Stacking. In fact, you can stack several different bombs in the stack, in other words, stack them from one another. Then the explosion produces a complex effect, and you can destroy almost any enemy.
- Carefully follow the indicator of special Bombs Special Bombs in the upper left corner of the screen. You can simultaneously have up to 20 bombs of each type, i.e. Napalm, Paralysis (paralytic) or Gravity (gravitational).
- Act lightning fast when using the Lock-On Mode to maximize the number of bombs that can be launched at the target.
- Combine at every opportunity. This means that if you consistently perform several successful killings of opponents, then the points earned are multiplied by a certain coefficient from two or more, depending on your success. If you become a real master, then this coefficient can increase to 10. For example, if the enemy attacks "throwing" attacks, then you should rush to run in the opposite direction, scattering and blasting bombs on the move, thereby destroying his throwing weapon. In this case, if the enemy uses some other attacks to divert your attention, then these attacking objects must also be destroyed in order to raise the level of your coefficient, which is called Multiplier. Fighting against some bosses, you can get up to 10,000 points for a victory, but if your ratio is high enough, you can earn even up to 100,000 points, which is clearly much larger.
- Try to develop your E-Unit as often as possible. You can do this even in the heat of the hottest battles, for example, fighting against the Blue Mists in Mission 8. Here the enemies can fly up to you pretty close and attack with their laser beams, which you can answer them with your bombs, attacking from a sufficiently long distance if you will be able to develop long-range, ie. Range. When they try to use Plasma Shots / Balls plasma attacks, you will need to increase the power of their shields, otherwise you will get serious damage. However, you will understand in which part it is better to improve your car depending on the situation, and on this you will be able to build your own combat strategies.
- To save time, you can skip some video scenes by pressing the Start button. If you want to achieve a very high rank, this can help you.
- Apparently, the game provides for 4 more secret Chips Data Chips, but to get them, you need to achieve a very high rank, and then at your service there will be 4 additional characters (about them below).
Finish the game once to get access to Advanced Mode. There you can choose any level you want to play.
Finish the game, and Advanced Mode will be available to you. You can then choose any mission and replay it to find the Data Chips you missed during the game.
Play for Mercure in VR Mode
Get rank B or higher on each level to play for Mercury. The easiest way to do this is in Advanced Mode after you finish the game.
Play for Benoit Manderubrot in VR Mode
Get rank A or higher on each level to play for Benoit. The easiest way to do this is in Advanced Mode after the end of the game.
Neko Tank in VR Mode
Get to level C in every level and be able to play for Neko Tank, the easiest way to do this is in Advanced Mode after the game ends.
The maximum power E-Unit
Achieve grade A on each level and get powerful E-Unit machines that will be a great help to Benoit in Battle Mode.