Genre: Action, FPS
Setting: Sci-Fi / Futuristic
Published by: Universal Interactive Inc.
Developed by: Insomniac Games
Platform: PlayStation (PSX, PS1)
Disruptor - another version of the game in the spirit of the famous game Doom.
The existence of the United Commonwealth of Peoples of the Earth is under constant threat from renegades, mutants and terrorists. The protection of world democracy is expressed in the form of 13 missions that you have to overcome. So dear owners of PlayStation have come and it's time to show what we are capable of and not for nothing we eat bread. Missions vary greatly, including even sections in the open air, where all problems with the image of the horizon are solved with the help of a haze effect.
The historical background of events is revealed through video fragments and cute interludes that entertain you between the missions. The first five training missions can be completed without any problems. During this time, you will have time to master the technique of movement, shooting, and also practice using the energy capabilities of the characters. A large amount of energy is expended on the incineration of enemies, but there is also the opportunity to restore it after the battle. Your arsenal consists of a phase gun, an automatic pistol, a plasma spear, a self-guided gun, a powerful weapon called the "Cyclone" and about the same number of other death game names. In addition, you have paranormal abilities and are able to incinerate the enemy with mental attacks, as mentioned above. In the first battles you have to fight with small companies of stupid androids and flocks of giant flies. Soon the game will become more complicated, you will get to the levels consisting of several sections connected by lifts. There are several ponds and platforms, through and to which you can jump. In the game Disruptor you will not have the opportunity to shoot everything indiscriminately, as the game concept boils down to austerity of ammo / energy. Artificial intelligence of enemies is not very perfect and manifests itself in the greater part only during the chase. Sounds play an important role in this. So, the sounds of footsteps and even groans are a warning for you. Disruptor - very neatly made game with a lot of graphical bells and whistles and a variety of organization sections. The only drawback of the graphics and movement mechanism is that you can not look neither down nor up and as a consequence, you do not notice the foes leading on you.
- At level 2 - (Old Chemical Factory) you acquire a Phase Rifle. However, smaller enemies, such as flying insects, are better to be destroyed with less powerful weapons, for example an 18 mm automatic pistol.
- At level 3 - (Roofs) you get a Plasma Lance. But it's useless to shoot at robots that look like flying washing machines (these are mines). They will follow you around the level, and if they explode nearby, the life counter will be emptied.
- At level 4 - (Station on Jupiter) at your disposal is Blaster AM, shooting triple volleys. If you press and hold the Down button, a powerful concentrated explosion will occur. Shoot at enemies from close range.
- At level 5 - (Neptune's Moon) you acquire a Self-guided Lock-on Cannon. This is a long level, consisting of two parts. In the first part you must break through the werewolves, and in the second you must destroy the flying insects and run away from them. In addition to the gun, use Blaster and Shock.
- At level 6, Mars is your new psionic weapon, Blast. Only you can count on it, overcoming the desert landscape, and when it runs out, use another psionic - Drain.
- At level 7 - (Ice World) you have to fight with hordes of machine gunners. Blaster should be used against them. After passing the first part of this level, you will get to the laboratory, where you will already be fired from the AM Cyclone gun. This weapon will be delivered at your disposal.
- At level 8 - (Mines on Io) you will need a new weapon - Phase Automatic. But before you use it, you need to stock up Phase charges. Soldiers who confront you at this level, should be shot by direct fire.
- At the level of 9 - (Reactor). It is here that you get a Zodiac projectile. The goal at this level is to have time to get to a safe place before the reactor explodes. To add time, hit the red switches.
- At level 10 - (Space Station) you get a new psionic - Terra Blast. Be careful here when entering every room: in many rooms there are many guards. You must use the Phase Automaton.
- At level 11, you find yourself in an outlandish world where your only weapon is the psionics. If you are confronted by a large group of enemies, wait until they get together, launch Terra Blast and blow it up in the middle of their cluster.
- Level 12 - Prison. You have to go through it, collecting weapons from different cameras, and then make your way through the final part of the level.
- Invincibility - During gameplay go to the Map Screen and turn Real Time off. Then press Circle, Circle, Square, Circle, Triangle, X, X, Circle
- While paused hold Select and press L1, Square, Triangle, Square, Square, Circle, Square, Circle, Triangle All Weapons
- While paused hold Select and press Triangle, X, X, Circle, X, Triangle, Square, Square Full Health
- While paused hold Select and press L1, X, Square, Triangle, Triangle, X, Circle, Triangle, X Maximum Ammo
Square, Triangle, X, Circle, Circle, Triangle, X, X, Circle, Square, X, Square Level 1
Circle, Triangle, X, X, Circle, Circle, X, X, Triangle, Circle, Square, Circle Level 10
Circle, Square, Triangle, Circle, X, Triangle, X, Triangle, Circle, X, Circle, Square Level 11
X, X, X, Circle, Circle, Triangle, Circle, X, Circle, Square, X, Circle Level 12
X, Triangle, Circle, Circle, Square, X, Triangle, Circle, Triangle, X, Triangle, Triangle Level 2
Triangle, X, Triangle, Square, Circle, Circle, X, Circle, X, Triangle, Square, Square Level 3
X, Circle, Triangle, Circle, Square, X, X, X, Circle, Circle, Circle, Triangle Level 4
Triangle, X, Circle, Circle, X, X, Square, Circle, Circle, X, Triangle, X Level 5
Circle, Circle, X, Triangle, Triangle, Circle, Square, X, X, Triangle, Square, Triangle Level 6
Circle, Square, Triangle, X, Triangle, Circle, X, Circle, X, Triangle, X, X Level 7
Square, X, Circle, Circle, X, X, X, Circle, Circle, Triangle, Circle, Circle Level 8
X, Circle, Circle, X, Square, X, Triangle, Circle, Square, Triangle, Triangle, Square Level 9