Genre: Action, Racing / Driving
Perspective: Behind view
Gameplay: Vehicular Combat Simulator
Published by: Midway Games
Developed by: Studio 33 (UK) Ltd.
Platform: PlayStation (PSX, PS1)
The last released on the PlayStation part of the glorious series Destruction Derby differs from its predecessors with a greater emphasis on colorful accidents than on skillful driving. But this circumstance does not spoil the game at all, but only adds glow to the struggle for leadership. Improve your performance from check-in to check-in, crashing someone else's cars in the most incredible way. And when the standard modes become boring, you can try to win in the car slaughter on the roof of the skyscraper, remaining the only owner of another "live" car! In this game there are several modes in which you can fight with rivals on the tracks and sometimes it does not matter if you come first or last, most importantly, destroy as many of the rivals cars and at the same time do not lose your car yourself.
- Wreckin Race mode. The main goal in this mode is to score as many points as possible, and this is possible, if only you win in the race. Therefore, concentrate, first of all, on the first to cross the finish line. Of course, during the race you can get extra points for violence (Violence Points), crashing into various cars, driving them into obstacles, barriers, attacking both their front and back. In this case, they can even twist like a top, if properly attacked. In general, try to come first, but do not miss the chance to destroy the opponent's car.
- Smash mode $ 4. Practically you act the same way as in the previous mode, but it does not matter if you come first or last. The most important thing is to earn as many points as possible, destroying the machines of the opponent. If you come first, you will receive additional points for winning the race, but try not to damage your car too much in the course of collisions with other cars, because you will get a big enough prize when after the race, visit the garage, and besides, you need money, to repair the damage.
- Battle mode. In this mode there are four different types of races. Each has its own rules and conditions, but they all have the same meaning. You need to destroy rivals on all routes, and most remain, if possible, intact and intact.
- Destruction Derby. Just like the previous modes, you have to ram the cars, while trying to keep your car on the go. The last of the "surviving" cars will not necessarily be the winner. It is important who will get the maximum number of points by the end of the race. Therefore, right from the start at every opportunity to ram cars competitors, try to knock them off the track. In this case, try to stay closer to the center of the road and do not press against the walls. Otherwise, the enemy will be able to take advantage of this and literally wipe you against the wall. Try to avoid head-on collisions, as they can cause very serious damage to your car.
- Skyscraper. This time the race takes place on the roof of a very tall skyscraper. You need not only to destroy other cars, but, best of all, to dump them from the roof of the skyscraper, for which you will receive a huge number of points. As before, the last "survivor" car, not necessarily be the winner. It is important who collects how many points. Be careful when driving your car along the edge of the roof. The enemy can take advantage of this and drop you down. Try to push the opponent's car closer to the edge of the roof, then quickly turn around and throw it straight down into the streets, for this you will get just huge glasses. The more you drive cars off the roof, the more points you earn.
- Pass Da Bomb. This is a very interesting race. In one of the cars is a time bomb, and this machine will try to catch up with you and "pass" you a bomb. If you rammed a car in which there is a bomb, it will as if go to you, and you need to immediately catch up with some car, crash into it and thereby hand him a bomb. It is necessary to transfer bombs to the enemy in a timely manner so that it explodes in his car, and not in yours. This will happen at a time when the timer counts down to zero. At the same time, you can not transfer the bomb to a car that has dropped out of the game. This can only be done with still active cars.
- Assault. This race is essentially a race of death. You do not earn points in the usual way, but the number of your points increases the more, the more deadly and bloody the race turns out to be. Try to attack the leading cars and you will be the winner. In this race you need to come first, but it may be even more important to become the first, earning a lot of points due to the powerful deadly attacks of rival cars. You can arrange very impressive battering ramps and collisions if you set a high level of "Carnage" before you start this race.